A QUOTE THAT WARMS MY HEART

I'm borrowing a line from Carrie today, but I just love talking with her .... as she said, it does my heart good to chat with her because we are so much alike, and she totally gets me, which most folks don't!

She called me today on her way home from Ohio, and we spent a good deal of time chatting again about life, our struggles, our dreams, our lives, and of course, we ended up talking about work. She understands why I've killed myself at work, because she falls into the same trap I do. Today, I was describing to her a person I've worked with, and I said, "She's like the Wonderbra of teachers!"

That, in and of itself, is a quote to be wrestled with. However, the true gem of the conversation came toward the end, when Carrie so timely said:

"Listen, dude. We don't have to be the Wonderbra of teachers. So long as we keep the girls up. If their eyes are facing forward, we're good to go!"

I don't know about the rest of the world, but (and I quote some of my favorite people down here in the south), that there is some dag gone good logic!

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL thanks Meg! Hey I tried to send you a link to the site I set up but it bounced back http://carrietomandtheboys.shutterfly.com/ the password is fisher

Popular Posts