ON NOT BEING ABLE TO MAKE UP MY MIND

My bedroom is a work in progress.  A very slow and arduous process. I have a vision in my mind of how I see the end result.  The end result and my pocket book and the resources available are not working together for good.  In fact, they are not playing well together in the sandbox AT. ALL.

My vision is that my room will be a romantic black and white theme with a hint of soft pinks and grays.  My sister is currently working some gray pinstripe pillows for me, and she sent me a "sneak peek" photo to me just moments ago ... well, let's just say, I'm in love!!!

The next item on my bedroom TO DO list was curtains.  Now, I must again reiterate that I HAVE a vision in my mind, that being these sweet, romantic, feminine sets of black and white curtain panels that is very Fleur de Lis in nature.  My search for just the right curtain panels has been an exercise in futility.  Such curtains either don't exist, are too expensive, exist but only in a too small size or waaaay too big size, aren't white enough, aren't black enough, or are not available in my area.

In the meantime, the ugly, ugly mini-blinds currently hanging in my bedroom are on their last legs.  Recently, as I've attempted to lower or raise them, they've staged a coupe of sorts, and I fear it's only a matter of time before they implode, and my room is left "wide open" to the masses, if you know what I mean.

So, you can imagine my annoyance when I marched into Walmart yesterday -- only after visiting Pier 1 Imports, Kohls, JcPenney, Kmart, and Lowes -- and looked at the various selections of plain, black curtain panels.

I went with one pair of the curtains below. Despite the lack of ironing that occurred, I liked that they were structured and heavy and looked like they were a little more expensive.  However, I HATE the grommets at the top.  U.G.L.Y.   I am not even sure I like the solid black.


So, I went back and got the curtains you see below.  I like the tabs at the top; however, they are thinner and cheesier-looking. Again, I am still not sold on the solid black, but my back is up against the wall on getting my windows covered at night.


Why won't the decorating gods work with me on this rather than against me?  What do you all think?

Comments

Popular Posts