WHAT'S FOR DINNER



This looks like a lot of food, but really, it's a smallish sweet potato and two tiny chicken breast tenderloins.  I mixed some Kentucky Spice from The Old Honey Barn in a tablespoon or two of sour cream.  I slathered the tenderloins in that mixture and then rolled them in crushed up wheat saltines.  To keep them from sticking, I sprayed an iron skillet with vegetable spray and stuck it all in the oven on 385 degrees for about 45 minutes.

The sweet potatoes were made based on how they were served to me during a meeting with a bunch of people that all hail from Appalachia.  I'm not sure if this is a regional thing, the preparation of the sweet potatoes, but I LOVED it.  So, I copied it!

Scrub a sweet potato and slice into a few THICK slices.  Butter both ends and sprinkle both ends with brown sugar and cinnamon.  I stuck the potatoes in the oven midway through the cooking cycle of the chicken.  They were done by the time the chicken was done.

I'd plan to make a salad, but I got sidetracked and forgot.  Oopsies!

It was a delicious meal!  You must try it!

My thanks to Erin Peach for the chicken recipe -- I tweaked it for my tastes, but it was still amazing!

Comments

Popular Posts