The Brilliance of the Moment

Yesterday evening ... okay, maybe it was early this morning ... I made a decision. 

I feel it's steeped in good intentions.   It has my sanity in mind.  It has my desire to be the best person I can be in mind.

What is that decision, you might be asking?  What Earth-shattering epiphany have I had that will turn the orbit of the planets counter-clockwise?

I am no longer taking stuff home.  To be specific, I am no longer taking home, daily, school stuff.

I know!  It goes against the grain of all that is a teacher, right? 

But here's the thing (and for those of you that don't know, I just broke a 4th grade rule of NEVER, EVER starting a sentence with BUT or AND ... big pet peeve of mine).  BUT here's the thing ... when I take stuff home, it sits in the bag, festering, while I work on the domestic chores at hand, usually tons of domestic chores ... like laundry ... laundry that's been sitting there for days ... okay, a week and a half.  Don't judge!

And (see, there I go again!), I never get anything out of that bag because I'm trying to fit a work-out in ... and dishes ... and meal planning ... and all the other stuff that needs to happen once I get home.

This is not to say that I won't EVER bring stuff home.  There are going to be times I will need to so.  However, my new rule is this:

Whatever cannot be done between 6 a.m. and 7:15 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. and 5 p.m., isn't going to get done.  Period.  End of story.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen.  That was my moment of brilliance.

Comments

Popular Posts