ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

I have AAAAALLLLLL the technology in my classroom plugged into one electrical outlet.

Yeah.  I know.  It wasn't me.  I am bad, but not THAT bad.

So, it was just a matter of time before something was to go awry.  Fast-forward to yesterday morning, when I repeatedly attempted to turn the big screen television on, wherein my students could read the day's schedule.  Yeah ... nothing was happening.

It took me a bit to realize that there wasn't any power to the tv or to any of the items plugged into the same general outlet.  Being the concerned person I am, I called my principal to report what I was sure was a tripped circuit breaker.  I mean, what else could it be, right?

He dutifully checked for me, and nothing.  All was fine in the world of open and closed circuits. 

He was stumped, so he called in an electrician to solve the problem.

Now, I need to inform you, my intelligent  readers, that we've had some issues with mice.  Therefore, I deducted that perhaps some furry, yet germ-ridden rodent could be the cause of said electrical interference.  Especially in light of my teammate's recent discovery of a mouse head in her heater's blower motor.  Why couldn't his yet-to-be-discovered-body have caused an electrical shortage?

Today, my principal came up to me, and smiling deviously, said, "I have discovered your electrical problem."

"Really!  It was a mouse, wasn't it?"

"Nope," he smirked.  "Your extension cord wasn't plugged in."

Why yes!  That is blonde hair on top of my head.  Thanks for inquiring!

Comments

Popular Posts