A WORD ABOUT MELTING

We are studying matter in 4th grade Science. The concepts my students will need to know? That a solid can be changed to a liquid, a liquid can be changed to a gas, and so on and so forth.

Just today, I've also come to the conclusion that a HUMAN mass can be changed to both liquid and gas ... especially if that HUMAN mass teaches in a school in which the air conditioning has died AND it's 95 degrees outside at 10 A.M. AND the heat index is 107 degrees!

I know this because my Capri pants are now looser than they were this morning when I struggled to get the zipper all the way up.

When I went into the office during my lunch break to use the staff bathroom, I said to our OFFICE MASTER OF ALL, Kela, "Kela, if you hear screaming coming from the bathroom. Be prepared with some powder or Vaseline. The screaming means I've gotten my pants down, but I can't wrestle them back up!"

Thankfully, I didn't need Kela's help. They were a cinch to pull up! I am quite certain I lost 5 pounds just in sweat! I am well on my way to a major mass change!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You crack me up! You have to do the ice cream in a bag experiment, it's the bomb! And teaches matter. We do matter in 5th up here.
I wish I could loose 5 lbs that fast. ~Shanny

Popular Posts