TO SCRUNCH OR NOT TO SCRUNCH

Yesterday, I attended the Frankfort High vs. Beechwood High football game. This just wasn't any old game. Frankfort High was working toward their first state championship since 1990, which isn't all that long ago ... I mean, it was the year I graduated from high school ...

Not that long ago ... until you start doing the math. Then you realize, it's actually 17 years ago, and most of the boys on the field weren't even BORN in 1990! Oh my gosh ... someone please pass me a paper bag!!! I need to breathe in it!

When I entered the football stadium, I was summarily handed a spirit pom-pom emblazoned with the Frankfort Orange and Blue. I immediately started scrunching it.

"What are you doing with that pom-pom?" one of my colleagues asked me.

"I'm scrunching my pom-pom!"

"Why?"

"Seriously!? You are asking me why? You can't shake a pom-pom without scrunching it. That's just ... that's just ... well, that's just wrong! We ALWAYS scrunched our pom-poms before we used them. Didn't everyone?"

"Huh ..." she said. Apparently, this too is a "northern thing."

I finished scrunching mine, and she looks at me and my pom-pom with envy. "Hey, yours does look a lot nicer than mine now! Much fuller."

"Do mine!"

Before it was said and done, I'd scrunched four people's pom-poms, everyone was exceedingly pleased.

Seriously?! Were we 80s girls in Michigan the ONLY ONES that scrunched their pom-poms?

Comments

Anonymous said…
LMAO~ Maybe it is. We scrunched them in Ohio too! ~Shanny

Popular Posts