BITTERSWEET

Well, another great vacation in Michigan has come to a close.

It's always a bittersweet time. I hate to leave ... I miss my family and friends up here. And I always feel guilty that I couldn't make it to see everyone while I was here.

But I'm also looking forward to getting back ... I hate living out of a suitcase ... I worry about my cat -- did she survive the vacation alone ... did the massive amount of kitty food last ... furthermore, what has she managed to get into while I was away!?!?

There's always a tug in my heart to stay, but really, there isn't a lot here for me anymore.

I love my Michigan friends and my family and miss them a lot, but thanks to modern technology i.e., cell phones, email, and instant messaging, I can talk to them all the time, and that somehow makes it feel that I'm not so far away.

So, good-bye Michigan ....

Good-bye to another Christmas and all the magic it holds ...

Good-bye to 2007 for that matter.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm eager to see what 2008 has in store!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry we didn't manage to hook up and chat but I too have been away from home for the holidays. Seems we singles do all the traveling. I hope to chat soon tho!!!

~2-E
Anonymous said…
Sure enjoyed our time just hanging out...even with all the kids and chaos around!! Who knows, maybe I'll surprise you and come visit sometime!

~Denise
Megan said…
2-E ... it would have been nice to see you too. It's just hard at the holidays.

Denise, I LOVED hanging out with you guys. :) And I would love to have you surprise me with a visit. Anytime! :)

Popular Posts