MODERN CONVENIENCES

I've hesitated blogging about this because my mother will, inevitably, read this entry, look at her computer screen with that motherly "look," and say in disgust, "That has to be height of laziness, Meg!"

However, I was never more excited than the day the BP Gas Station opened up at the entrance to my subdivision. From that moment on, I needed merely to roll out of my parking space, travel around a few curves, and screech to a halt at the gas pumps, having only spent a total of 2 minutes in my vehicle.

Okay, for some of you, I realize this seems silly. However, I grew up in a tiny little town. For a small, small town girl, traveling 15 minutes across town to Walmart, is a much appreciated treat, as opposed to the journey across every hill and dale to the closest Walmart, 25 minutes away! Okay, yes, I've blogged on many occasions that Frankfort's Walmart is pretty much be what I consider hell to be like. Still, it's the convenience factor.

Having a gas station at the entrance to my subdivision also helps me answer the Dad Question, "What's gas running in your area?" It's a question I get a lot, and one I typically answered, "Oh, I think the last time I actually looked at the sign, it was like in the $2.90s." Now, I can answer this question with authority.

Because I know he will ask when next I speak to him, gas today, Papa, is $2.89.

The BP station is also very convenient when a certain fourth grade teacher is running late because she slept through her alarm (which is usually the normal time, normal people get up, but is late for me when one is used to landing in her room at 6:30 a.m.), and she runs out of the door without water or any thought to breakfast.

One Pop Tart and a bottled water later ... she is on her way to tackle the second to last day of school before Christmas break!

Comments

Anonymous said…
thanks for the gas price check & may I also say a poptart & a bottle of water does not make a very good breakfast.

Popular Posts