THE HIGHLIGHTS (OR LOW-LIGHTS) OF A RELATIVELY CRAPPY WEEK

There's a reason why I've been relatively silent this past week.

I've been a crap mood ... with a capital C followed by every other capital letter and a few expletive symbols thrown in for good measure.

School officially ended for me on June 12th, but summer break came later, as we had a scheduled week of PD (otherwise known as professional development) this past week. Now, I was sort of looking forward to digging in and getting done what we needed to get done ... I'm a total dork that way. However, there was another part of me that knew what would happen with a delay in mental break time ... self-implosion.

For as long as I've known myself (does that even make sense???), I've worked my butt off at my jobs. I put my entire self into it, until I'm exhausted and completely spent both physically and mentally.

It's at that point that I must immediately put myself on a break or something ugly is going to happen, and I am powerless to stop it from happening. I'm pretty sure that's why Prozac was invented!

So, this whole week of PD? Yeah, that was a disaster in the making. I was exhausted ... I was cranky ... I was really down on myself. I got super frustrated over something I didn't understand ... the more questions I asked, the more frustrated I became. That meant I was immediately misunderstood ... others took what I said and made it about themselves, which I never meant to have happen. Ugliness ensued ... lots and lots of ugliness ensued ... hurt feelings blossomed ... leaders suddenly lost a lot of respect for me, I believe, and that makes me very sad.

I've put myself on a self-imposed exile this weekend, and depending how I feel, I might extend that into next week as well. We shall see how I'm feeling.

What I do know is that I need time away from "it" ...

Comments

Densie said…
Vacation is in sight! We'll be down before you know it and there will be NO WORK ALLOWED! Just lots of fun!!!

Popular Posts