SURVIVING THE POLAR BEAR SWIM AND FIGHTING MENTAL EXHAUSTION

Yesterday, we had our annual All-School Swim on a local public pool. A local outdoor pool ... where the pool is exposed to the elements ... outside.

Picture this ...

55 degrees ...

Rainy ...

Me in Capri's and flip-flops. Thankfully, I had a sweatshirt on and an umbrella. All my kids had fun splashing around in the pool despite the poopy weather.

It was almost nostalgic really ... memories of swimming in similar conditions in Michigan.

SHOOT! That is swimming in Michigan every May ... what am I talking about?

On a different, yet somewhat similar note, I'm physically and mentally exhausted. This morning was day two that I literally laid in bed until the very last minute, and even still, as I sit and type this, I can't stop yawning. If I weren't so exhausted, I'd be crying out of sheer frustration ... trying to figure out how I'm going to manage 5 more days ...

Yep, I'm exhausted because crying wouldn't be my first reaction.

I think whining would be my first reaction ...

Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
I can't believe you all had to go to the pool yesterday! We go next Friday. Today, the "good" kids are on a field trip and I, of course, am stuck here in hell with the rest. I think I WILL cry!

Popular Posts