PANIC ATTACKS AND OTHER SUMMER FUN

I went into my classroom today ... looked at the calendar ... and commenced with a panic attack.

Four weeks! F.O.U.R. W.E.E.K.S.

That is all the time I have left to get my act together for this new little group of kiddos, relax, chill, and play some for my self.

Four weeks.

Where does the time go?

I know part of it went toward a week of PD ... a week of my life I won't ever get back ... but no use crying over spilled milk.

I will be a little silent here for one of the upcoming four weeks as my good friend Denise and her family will be arriving in the Bluegrass State sometime tomorrow afternoon for a week's worth of vacation ...

It will sort of be like camping for them when you take into consideration the cramped quarters of my townhouse! I suppose they could consider it "roughing it."

Yeah ... let's go with that!

Weather is suppose to be brilliant, which I'm exceedingly pleased about! Considering the Amazon Rain Forest conditions we've had up until yesterday, brilliant is just what the doctor ordered! Moss was beginning to grow between my toes ... at least that's what I think was growing there ....

I've got a lot to do though between me getting up tomorrow and them arriving. And the more I think about tomorrow's TO DO list, the more another panic attack begins to settle in ...

In the meantime, I can always whip up a smoothie (to smooth out my rough edges) in my new blender that I finally broke down and purchased today. I hated spending the money, but using my old blender was a complete waste of energy. I could have chewed up whatever I was trying to blend and spit it out and would have gotten it smoother than that sorry excuse for a blender would have. The new blender made short order of the four bananas that were quickly on their way out. Perfect for some banana bread, and honestly, it was the best loaf I've made in a very, very long time. That blender is freakin' fantastic! I might just go on a liquid diet in an effort to make up for all the lost blending time!

Emmy has learned a new trick, and by trick, I mean, something extremely naughty, and, sadly, it's all my fault. Up until three days ago, she's not been remotely interested in jumping up on any sort of counter tops ... bathroom sinks ... anything! Then, for some reason, she got it in her head to jump up on the sink in the guest bedroom, and I thought, "well, what the heck! Let's see if she'll play in the water if I turn the faucet on a bit."

Really, it's like asking the question, "well, what the heck! Let's see if I get wet when I stand out in the rain," because OF COURSE she's going to want to play in the water -- she's a Maine Coon!

Now, it doesn't matter what sink it is, kitchen or otherwise, she feels she's got the unalienable right to jump in it and play! This becomes very interesting when I'm trying to do dishes, and we've had more than one occasion where I've chased her off of the counters with a spray bottle in hand!

And you thought your life was exciting ...

Comments

Mom said…
glad you are going to have good weather when Denise, Sam and the firls arrive seeing how when WE come down it always rains!

Popular Posts