SILLY STRING

Today was Cadet Buck store ... our school economy based on good behavior, if anyone was wondering.

For 100 cadet bucks, one could purchase silly string or a water gun, and just for effect, our principal, Mr. Harley, shot us all with one as we were walking into the store. Well, I've had my fair share of stress this week, and so I was all about letting off some steam. I sent one of my kids up to the room to get me 100 bucks, and I bought myself some silly string, which I proceeded to nail a number of my kids with.

Right there in the hallway, we had water gun fights and silly string craziness, and everyone had a ton of fun, including me!

I need to find a balance for fun and strictness in my classroom. Apparently, I've not found one, because one of my kids said, "And to think, all this time, we thought you were just mean and strict."

Nothing like being gutted two days before school ends -- leave it to kids to do the gutting. Ho-hum ...

Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
I hope you nailed the cupcake-licker extra hard.

Popular Posts