MY BODY HATES ME!

I jogged/walked the Pro.Active for Life 5K last night here in Frankfort. Other than being exhausted because it was the last week of school [NOTE TO SELF: don't sign up for a 5K that will occur on the evening of the last day of school ... soooo not cool!], I felt good. I also managed to shave a minute off of my finish time. I was excited.

The bad knee felt good ... my body felt good, just hot and sweaty. So, you can imagine my dismay when I got out of my truck after my ten minute drive home, and, upon stepping out onto my leg that has the good knee, I was in serious pain! I took two Motrin, but sadly, that didn't cut the pain. It was there all night, and, unfortunately, it was there this morning ... it's still there now.

I'm hoping that it's just a small tear on the lateral collateral ligament or a medial collateral ligament tear ... that just requires rest, icing, elevation and possibly some rehabilitation, which, I have all the stuff for what I did last year at physical therapy, so I think I can do it at home. It might also be the Chondromalacia Patella or Patella Femoral Pain, which is what I had in the bad knee. If I rest it, ice it, and elevate it and then do the exercises from last year, I might be able to avoid yet another summer in physical therapy.

Either way, I'm taking the weekend off to rest it. I guess that means I need to finish labeling all the crap in my classroom, stop moving the rest of the crap around, and go home and put it up!

I can soooo hear my mother's voice right now ringing in my ears ....

Comments

Popular Posts