THE FOUR LETTER WORD

I told my fourth graders that, in my book, snow was nothing but a four letter word.

Of course, this has caused them to use that four letter word in my presence as much as they possibly can. One little girl has even pulled out every shirt she owns with the word SNOW on it (and she's got a lot, folks), and wear them proudly in my presence each and every day.

Yesterday, the meteorologist announced that it's very likely we'll see snow on Thanksgiving Day, but more likely on Black Friday. Oh goody!

Well, that was all the ammunition my kiddos needed. They came into the classroom, en masse, yesterday sing-songing the fact that it's suppose to snow. GACK!

Granted, these kids haven't ever seen a hard snow, and by hard snow, I mean more than a dusting. So the prospect of snow is ever so exciting to them. Me? Well, I've shoveled my fair of snow and could care less if I ever saw it in person again. And I'm being demure in my description of snow, folks. I dislike it that much.

So, I suppose I'd better get my running shoes on and beat the crowd to Kroger on Friday morning so I can buy my share of bread and milk ... it's that time of year once again.

Comments

Mom said…
LOL
In the meantime I will be driving back and forth to work in the stuff very soon - way too soon

Popular Posts