WALK AWAY QUIETLY

Recently, I've been really working on not getting so uptight or upset by other's foibles. It just isn't conducive to my state of mind or my ability to just enjoy life.

This weekend, that effort was tested rather heartily with a number of people that said some stuff to me that was very hurtful.

I doubt they cared about what they said or thought about it past what it did for them and their state of mind, but it was hurtful to me none the less.

Lest you think that I'm dwelling on it, let me assure you that I am not. In fact, it occurred to me today that I might actually be turning the corner on this struggle of mine in that it hardly crossed my mind ... other than to say to myself, "wait a second! That really didn't bother me past the initial sting of the words ... yay for small blessings."

So, maybe, at the age of 37 (almost 38), I'm growing! Wouldn't that be a nifty thing?

Comments

Popular Posts