ALL IS CALM, ALL IS BRIGHT

I sit here in utter amazement at this time of year again.

Amazed that it is here once more, when it seems like just yesterday that I was celebrating Christmas in a snowy Michigan.

Amazed that there is such a thing as a warm, sunny Christmas season!

Amazed at the crowds and the traffic once again.

But even more, amazed that such a small baby would grow up to be my Saviour that loves me deeply, fairly, and eternally.

I look around my neighborhood, and all is calm. All is bright. And I can't help but think about that night ... two thousand years ago. What sort of sounds were hovering in the air? What sort of smells? Was there an unexplained electric feel in the air? Or was it just like any other night in Bethlehem?

I suppose it all doesn't matter in the end. He came ... He died ... He rose again. They rest is my gracious legacy ... it's anyone's legacy, really. And that is the gift of this Christmas.

Comments

Popular Posts