THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG

My teammates and I planned a trip to the local movie theatre for our 4th grade quarterly reward party. The viewing for today?

Disney's THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG.

Great movie! Lived up to Disney's standards and then some. Of course, I was thrilled with the fact that there was a lot of jazz and blues in the movie as well as the "fashion" influence of the 30s, which is my new obsession!

I gotta say, though, that my boys, who sorta half-way poo-poo'ed the idea of going to a Disney movie, were some of the loudest in the cheering section at the end. I think it got their stamp of a approval too.

If you've got children/nieces and nephews, I'd say this is a great holiday break "I'm bored, Mom, what can I do, besides drive you and my siblings crazy?" movie!

Comments

Denise said…
The girls want to see this...good to know it's good. It's on the list after "Alvin and the Chimpmunks" though. Glad you had a good time.
Mom to 11 said…
Gotta say as a mom of African American kids - especially for my daughter - I was really disappointed that the Princess was a Princess for very little of the movie. Neither of my kids - 6 and 8 - were impressed. My daughter-in-law, who is also African American was really disappointed as well. Just another perspective.

Popular Posts