41 MORE TO GO

FOOD RULES
by Michael Pollan

I finished 3/4 of this book tonight. I should have been able to read the whole thing in one night, but when I bought it, back during the school year, I was falling asleep after reading one sentence. Thus the reason it took me three months to read the first 1/4! Again, this is no reflection whatsoever on Pollan's writing or the interest of the subject, all very engaging and provocative. Only that I've morphed into a weenie somewhere in my 30s, and I'm desperately trying to dig my way out of that hole.

If you are at ALL interested in what you put in your mouth ... if you are at ALL concerned with the healthfulness (or lack there of) of your food, you MUST. GO. OUT. AND. GET. THIS. BOOK. TODAY.

It's an easy read, and one that, when you've finished, should kept by your recipe books and refrigerator and grocery lists and coupons! Pollan's 64 rules about eating and food ... all very logical ... all very doable ... all rules we should be keeping on a daily basis.

For me, I took a wrong turn in my adult life, and everything went pear-shaped (a nod to the movie SWEET HOME ALABAMA there). Before I knew it, all the things I knew about food went out the window, and I got fat in the process. Reading FOOD RULES has gotten me back on track, hopefully for good.

This is a must read for everyone in America!

Comments

Micah said…
I have a feeling that book would make me feel very bad about myself. I just finished Day for Night (Frederick Reick) tonight, and it needs to be on your list if you haven't already read it. I liked it even more than The Help, and that's saying a lot.

Popular Posts