DKNY PILLOW ON CLEARANCE = VERY HAPPY DECORATOR

The pillow I'm shamelessly blogging about is the floral one smack-dab in the middle of the pillow mound on the sofa.


I've been looking for just the right throw pillows for my sofa ... to give that neutral slip cover punch. But, did ya'll know that A.) Everything is ugly ... and B.) Everything that isn't ugly is super expensive.

Sorry! I'm not paying $60 for a throw pillow that my dad is going to use as a headrest when he comes to visit (sorry, Papa, I love you!!!).

Fast-forward to yesterday when I was in Bed, Bath, and Beyond looking for curtains (did you know that A.) Curtains are all ugly ... and B.) Curtains that aren't ugly are super expensive??), and a CLEARANCE sign, like an oasis in a dry, barren decorating desert, caught my eye and beckoned me to come and look.

Pillows on clearance? "Well," I said to myself, "We'll just see how clearance is clearance." And immediately, this pillow ... the giant red flower pillow with its decadent feather-pillowness (see the middle pillow in both photos), caught my eye. It was beautiful and perfectly "my colors," and I just knew it was waaaay out of my price range.

Carefully, ever so carefully, I turned it over to reveal ....

DKNY!!!
Regular price $49.99
Sale price $9.99

I couldn't run to the cash registers fast enough!

What do you think? Doesn't it look smashing on my sofa?

Comments

Mom said…
Smashing! and might I just add what a lovely Red Leaf Photograph you have hanging on your wall
Elly Gilbert said…
I really wasn't sure why you were so excited about a dinky pillow...then read on..DKNY pillow. Duh.
Megan said…
Yes, the Red Leaf photo is amazing! I collect art, don't you know, and that is from an up and coming photographer by the name of David Murray. ;)

LOL ... Elly, you crack me up! :)

Popular Posts