GOTTA LOVE A GIRL WITH STYLE

I recently had a friend's daughter (and a former student) help me out with a little assignment for grad school -- okay, not so much a little assignment as much as it was a ARE YOU SERIOUS? ANOTHER WASTE OF MY TIME AND SUMMER????

So, after I'd fully assessed her reading, I suggested we go out for ice cream, because honestly, who wants to help out their former teacher, only to find out that the teacher wants to assess your reading?! BLECK!

While I silently licked my ice cream cone, she regaled me with all of the stuff she'd been doing up to this point, which seemed more like an inordinate amount of SUMMER OF SHOPPING. And really, who could hate that, right?

To get a word in edge-wise, I said, "So hey. Your mom said that you went to Art Camp last week? How was that?"

"OH! It was fun. I did a play. So let me tell you about the outfit I wore the very first day ..." And so went a five to ten minute monologue about the First Day Outfit. When she'd stopped to take a breath and lick some rapidly melting ice cream, I said, "Wow! That outfit sounds fantastic."

To which she replied, and I'm not even kidding here, "Miss Murray, the first impression is EVERYTHING."

She's going to own Glamour magazine one day; I'm almost positive.

Comments

Popular Posts