CATCHING FLIES

My momma always said it was easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar.

Not sure who coined that little gem, but my mom used it frequently.

I've been crazy, insane upset over the upheaval at school, and specifically, in my room, cuz, well, apparently, I've been operating under the false impression that the world revolves around me. Why I got myself all worked up about it, who really knows. Nothing I could do about it. It is what it is.

To make ammends for my spoiled brat attitude, I brought 4 or 5 dozen Cappucino Royale Cookies into school today and had our secretary make an all-call announcement to the work crews that there were homemade cookies in Room 224.

Make them and they will come!

All of the guys were super appreciative of the cookies, and I had many repeat customers ... thanking me profusely and shoving more cookies in their mouths.

One guy came into my room, on his way to lunch break, and grabbed a couple more.

"Lord have mercy, your room is hot! Open a window."

"I can't," I said, probably a little too helplessly.

"You got some books?" And away he went at opening my window, no small feat in this room, since the windows are so heavy.

I thanked him ever so much for opening that window.

He smiled, "That's payment for those yummy cookies."

Insert honey and flies here!

Comments

Mom said…
You should listen to your mother more often!
Anonymous said…
Any good looking and single?

NeeCee
Megan said…
I'm working on it, Denise. :)

Popular Posts