WHY NOT WEEK!?

So, my friend Elly has been bugged, lately, by the fact that her blog has become just a day to day accounting of the her days' activities. I am soooo glad I didn't set up any preconceived notions about my blog, other than daily drivel, cuz I'd be feeling super crappy about my blog, after reading hers, right about now. But I see her point. What makes my daily drivel more exciting than anyone else's?

Elly hit on an excellent idea that I plan to steal and modify slightly. Oh Bloggerdom, never fear. You will still be getting daily, self-depricating drivel from me, yessirree! However, I'm going to attempt to add to that drivel something else that I'm going to call WHY NOT WEEK!? -- compliments of Elly per a Self Magazine article that she read recently.

Each week, Elly is going to do something that might be a creative stretch or completely out of character or an adventurous activity ... you get the picture. Then, she's going to blog about it. I LOVE this idea, because I often feel like I sit around and watch my life pass me by rather than being present in it!

So, I'm going to tackle something each week ... or I'm going to try to tackle something new and different each week. Then I'll blog about it. Hopefully, by doing this, I will make a lot of these things habits.

WHY NOT WEEK!? for me will officially start next week with the following challenge: WHY NOT PRAY FOR SOME ONE NEW EACH DAY!? Only, I'm actually going to start this challenge today ... reason being, I have cousins whose daughter is in surgery as I type this for a pretty intense spinal fusion surgery with loads of recovery time in the coming months, and they need lots of prayer.

Feel free to join Elly and I in this challenge. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. If you'd like to follow Elly's challege (and you'd better be following mine! just kidding ... sorta), you can hop on over to her blog at The Unquiet Life.

Comments

Popular Posts