BOILING THE WATER FOR TEA

Finally!

After weeks of wondering if we'd ever get out of this insane heat wave that just wouldn't quit, last Friday, we got the cold front we'd all been praying for!

Today is morning number three or four that I've awoken freezing. Doesn't matter! Despite the fact that in exactly two months, I am going to be complaining about being cold and having to wear gloves and heavy coats and stuff, I LOVE the fact that I could cuddle underneath my down comforter ... that I could make countless cups of hot tea last night ... that it's time for sweaters and comfy socks and cuddly quilts.

I do love fall!

Check back with me in November or January. I'll be singing a different tune for sure. So, enjoy my happy fall countenance while you can!

Comments

Mom said…
I can't believe I am reading this ! I wonder who has taken my daughter's mind and body from her! Like the cold? Sweaters? Socks? What, no flipflops?
Mom said…
and I think it is "awakened" not awoken - english major!
Megan said…
You're right ... it was early in the morning when I wrote this. I hadn't fully "AWOKEN" yet. :)

Again, I did say, enjoy my fall countenance while you can, because in a few weeks, I'm going to be pitching one holy fit about it all. :)

Popular Posts