ONE VENTI MOCHA VALIUM LATTE ... STAT!

It has recently come to my attention that I am in possession of a whole lotta of crap!

Tonight, I decided that I would tempt Fate and begin packing up my non-essentials since my mortgage guy keeps threatening a closing some time next week. By packing up BEFORE I actually have a closing, I feel like I'm doing two things:
  1. Tempting the aforementioned fate
  2. Thus, jinxing the whole deal
However, by packing up non-essentials, I am also accomplishing two completely different things:
  1. Avoidance of a major grad school paper that is due.
  2. Putting off the eventual and inevitable temper tantrum that will result in a call back to Michigan, wherein the one-sided conversation with go something like this:
Ican'tgetthishouseallpackedupandmovedin
threedaysdoyourememberhowmany
boxesImoveddownherewith
afreakin'lot,that'showmanyand
everyone'sonvacationand
I'mallalonedoingthisand
thecatwon'tstayoutofmyway
andoutoftheboxesandthereisworldhungerand
noworldpeaceandmyjeansdon'tfit!!!!

Yeah, pretty much like that.

So, tonight, I grabbed my boxes, fought my cat for the packing paper, and began the task of packing up non-essentials.

I've got a wwwhhhooollleee lotta non-essentials! According to my current box count, six boxes worth, and that was just the dining room and living room. I've not even really tackled the kitchen!

As I sit here typing this, in the room, that by far is the WORST ROOM IN THE HOUSE (i.e., the office, or, what I lovingly refer to as the DUMPING GROUND OF ALL RANDOM NON-ESSENTIALS), I begin to break out in a cold sweat and experience a fit of "the palsy" all in one giant spastic moment.

This is going to cause me to drink. Of this, I am relatively certain.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Find a cheapo flight and I will come down for the weekend and help you!! I am great at packing and getting rid of non-essential crap. :)
xoxoxo
Shanny
Denise said…
I second that thougth :)
Love ya!

Popular Posts