THE CRAZINESS THAT IS THIS LIFE

I've been rather silent in recent days.

There's a good reason for that.

Actually, there are NUMEROUS good reasons for my silence.

  1. I'm in the throes of buying a house. I knew this was a huge undertaking ... my parents were real estate agents, and I heard them complain ad nauseum about the Clueless Wonders that wander our Earth oblivious to the inner-workings of "house purchasing." But I never knew the extent to which my life would be sucked up by it all. To use a bit of texting vernacular ... O.M.G.! My life is completely dictated by this house purchase to the point that I'm pretty certain it's leading me around by my the nose!
  2. I can't be completely certain, but I believe I might have signed away my life and the life of my yet unborn child. That is how many reams and reams of paper I've signed in the last week and a half, and my family assures me that I'm not done. No, no! Before it's all said and done, they've informed me that I will also have signed away my rights to any future pets as well as any world peace I might discover! I am sooooo sick of signing my name to stuff!
  3. Grad school is kicking my butt ... so much so, that I sort of feel like it's a bruised and battered version of the body part formerly known as Megan's Butt. I'm behind in my reading by seven chapters ... SEVEN. Yeah. I made an attempt last night to read them ... between the phone calls and the nodding off business, I couldn't get past the middle of the the first chapter, and I'm not entirely sure I know, intrinsically, what I read.
  4. I live in The Trailer Hood, as my father has begun calling it (a la Toby Keith, for the country fans out there). Yeah, the label might have been somewhat sketchy until recently. Our fate was sealed when not one but TWO burgarlies were committed in my building ... one on either side of me. I now sleep with a hammer under my bed and have fielded innumerable requests to be trained to use a gun. I'm thinking that might not be such a good idea. But it is an option ...

Life is a crazy heap of chaos, but I guess that Heap of Chaos is better than the alternative.

Comments

Micah said…
House BUYING, instead of hunting! Yay! Are you buying one of the houses you've posted about? We have bought two houses, and it's possible that I understood one piece of paperwork that I signed. But even that isn't likely.
Megan said…
Yes, Micah. It is the one at this link: http://teachersworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/newest-house-and-contender.html

I'm sooooo excited!!! Just need to get through the application process (made application yesterday) and house inspection (did that on Friday). Wahooo!!! :-)

Popular Posts