A DEFINITE "NO" IN MY BOOK ... House #16

That is NOT dust on the floors you see here. That is, I am relatively sure, a thin film of mold. My shoes stuck the entire time I walked on it. To say this place was gross is to use the understatement of the century.

This kitchen was a lot scarier than it looks right now. I was concerned about communicable diseases, let's just say that.

Why yes! That is a large limb from a dead tree jammed in between the patio doors. Classy, right? Probably snatched from the front yard where half the large tree there is D.E.A.D.

I feel quite certain something met with a violent death in this closet ...

In the MLS photos, there were handcuffs hanging from this closet door. As you can see, they were replaced by this loving message.

This was the hallway leading from the living down to the "bedrooms." That is not dust you see on the floor, but rather, a light film of mold and mildew.

This room was the size of a large closet, and yet they decided to paint it this lovely shade of green, add the "lovely" wallpaper board and still keep that carpeting. I'm not even hazarding a guess about what's on that carpeting. All I know is that I probably should have thrown my shoes out when I left the place. Might not have been a bad idea to have gone through a HAZMAT shower as well ...

An all-house exhaust/fan system? Not sure -- it was in the hallway, and I'm quite sure this is what was running through the previous owners' minds: "Why waste all that money patching up the hole left behind by this monstrosity? Why not just rip the guts of the fan out and spend an inordinate amount of time cutting a circular piece of cardboard to put up there. Cardboard solves every problem."

So ... what's wrong with this picture? You mean, besides the obvious holes in the walls and the crude attempt at a fix with duct tape? Oh yeah! I know! The MOLD!

There seems to be a theme in the houses I'm looking at these days. It's called "GAPING, MOLDY HOLES IN CEILINGS." This one was in a closet, and it clearly had been taped up ... like that was going to help AT ALL.

Comments

Popular Posts