RANDOM STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS ON A RAINY FRIDAY

So, it's a dreary, gray, rainy Friday, and I have a bunch of random thoughts popping in and out of my head. I thought I would share the wealth!

1. Why does broccoli make you burp? Every single time ... with out fail ... whenever I eat broccoli, it makes me burp. Why, I ask?

2. I attended my great, great-aunt Alice's memorial service today. She had just turned 99 a few days before her death! can yo ubelieve it? It was more of a celebration of a long life lived than a sad event. At any rate, longevity runs long in my family -- pardon the pun. This makes me wonder ... I turn 34 in a few short weeks. Life sure ain't what I thought it would be when I envisioned 34. Of course, I never really envisioned 34. What if I actually made it to 99? According to my rudimentary calculations, it will be the year 2071 by the time I turn 99!

3. Why does it feel so good to sneeze?

4. Perception. I had a conversation with a friend recently, and the question of perception came into play. Perception, by definition, means "recognition and interpretation of sensory stimuli based chiefly on memory." Well, we know that memory is stunted by our life "baggage." So, why do we put so much emphasis on perception if, by definition, it's a faulty tool? Why do we judge others on perception? Why do we assume perception to be absolute truth?

5. Why is it impossible to eat just one Pringle?

6. "Why do birds suddenly appear, Every time you are near? Just like me, they long to be ... Close to you ... " Oops, sorry, I digress ... sad that I digressed to the Carpentars. That brings me to another question ...

7. What made me think of the Carpentars?

8. Why doesn't the sun like Michigan in January and February?

Comments

Popular Posts