SHE'S SMOKIN'

A couple of months back, I had a conversation with my best friend, T. He was regailing me with yet another story of him meeting a "smokin' chick." His comment: "She was smokin'."

"What is that?" I say in frustration.

"What's what?" T is clearly puzzled.

"What does 'she's smokin' ' mean?"

"Duh, Meg, she's a hottie!"

"Yeah, but how does one become smokin'?"

"Doing research, are ya?"

"Dude, don't go there with me."

Laughter ensues ...

So, I'm sitting here thinking ... would I be someone that would be "smokin'?" My answer? Ummm ... NO!

Here's what I think would be said instead ....

She's ________
... a freakin' riot
... a freakin' freak show
... PMSing.
... gonna blow!!!! Stand back!
... still without a job? Dude! What's up with that?
... retaining water.
... a loyal friend.
... a laugh a minute.
... going to be famous one day.
... all about the boys.
... a blogaholic.

All the above fit. She's smokin'? Hmmm ... doesn't sound right, does it?

Comments

Popular Posts