JUST GET ER DONE!


I have a philosphy when cooking. It's very simple really. JUST GET ER DONE! I'm like the Tim Allen of cooking ... more power!!!

Case in point ... this morning at about 8ish, I hauled out my crock pot (only one of the greatest inventions known to man/woman), lined it with one of those cool new crock pot liners, and threw in three frozen pork chops. My plan: to make Pepsi Pork Chops, or in this case, Cheap Grocery Store Cola Pork Chops.

I must admit now that I'm scared to death of e. coli. I will go to great lengths to make sure no food I prepare is ever host to e. coli. A little cat hair? Yes, possibly. Some dog hair? Quite likely! A smigden of my own hair ... most certainly. But e. coli? You will find absolutely no e. coli in anything I serve.

So, upon tossing the chops in, pouring the aforementioned cola on top with the allotted amount ketchup and onions, I cranked the crock pot up on high. It commenced to boiling until I got the remainder of my dinner together at 7 p.m. this evening.

At this point, I must mention that I've been extremely impressed by those nifty little crock pot liner commercials. According to their sleek ads, one needs only to pull out the used liner, throw it away, and dishes are miraculously done! Voila!

Not the case tonight. Apparently, my GET ER DONE philosophy not only produces chewy chops, but it also caused said liner to adhere itself to the side of the crock pot. I read the directions, and they specifically said you could cook with them on the HIGH temperature setting ... only they mentioned 4 to 5 hours, not 11 hours!

JUST GET ER DONE!

Comments

Popular Posts