FRIDAY!! FRIDAY!! FRIDAY!!!

T. G. I. ... Hold everything! It's Friday ... a day I live for. It signifies the start of a weekend where structure and alarms and schedules just fly out the window. I get a giddy feeling as I approach the end of my work day ... imagining all the wild and crazy things I could do with an evening unfettered by having to get to bed early.

Then I get home. I sit in my living room ... I think about dinner ... I think about everyone I know that is out with significant others and kids and doing fun stuff, stuff I'm not doing ... then I wish I lived else where, anywhere with something amazingly fun to do other than staring at the same four walls wishing there was something fun to do on Friday evenings.

Suddenly, Fridays don't hold the same excitement. It becomes just another night ...

Comments

Popular Posts