I AM NOT IN THE MOOD!

I woke up an hour and a half late! Oh yeah ... talk about setting someone in a bad mood.

I was racing to work, knowing that I would be skirting into the school parking lot just before the WHEN TEACHERS SHOULD ARRIVE deadline, and I was annoyed. I was annoyed that I had forgotten to set my alarm clock correctly, and I was annoyed at the lady holding the STOP sign at the construction sight I was currently pulling up to.

She made some shrugging motion and then pointed at either side of the road, meaning "hey! where ya goin'?"

The nerve of this woman, I'm thinking to myself. I'm late. Does she not see this? Does she not recognize the face of a woman that has just woken up an hour and a half late???

Again with the annoying shrugging and pointing. So, I do the one thing that any sane, logical, late person would do ... I pointed left!

She gave me the dirtiest look and huffily pointed at the lack of turn signals.

I flipped it on, a little embarrassed ... that was until she did the most infuriating thing yet. She gave me a flippant gesture!

Oh how I wanted to lean out my truck window and scream, "DON'T TRY MY PATIENCE TODAY, LADY! DO YOU NOT SEE THE GIANT MASS OF KNOTTED HAIR ON THE TOP OF MY HAIR !?!? DO I NOT LOOK LIKE SOMEONE THAT JUST WOKE UP AN HOUR AND A HALF LATE!?!?!? I'M NOT IN THE MOOD! PLUS, I'M NOT THE ONE HOLDING A STOP SIGN FOR A LIVING!"

Of course, after next week, I will be in the market for a stop sign myself ...

Comments

Popular Posts