SEEING THINGS

So, I'm speeding down the road on my way to work. My eyes are running ... AGAIN. I hate allergies. I'm exhausted ... AGAIN. I hate allergies. And then I see it ...

I think to myself, "That can't be what I'm seeing!"

Sure it is ... it's Friday. My life is chaos. Why wouldn't there be the world's largest cow trotting down my side of the road?

So, I do the only logical thing a responsible citizen would do. I call 9-1-1.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Well, it's not really an emergency ... yet. I'd like to report a big black cow trotting down Michigan Avenue, heading toward Battle Creek."

"A big black cow, ma'am?"

"Yes."

"How far out of town are you?"

"Hmmm ... perhaps a mile?"

"Heading toward Battle Creek?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll send an officer out."

And this seems like a normal conversation to me as I bee-bop down the road, dabbing my runny eyes.

Comments

Megan said…
Thank you, Runnergirl! I'm humbled ... and, yes, a little excited. I've got a following!!! You've made my Friday evening.

Most of the time, I think I'm just sending this crazy stuff out into the internet "air waves," and there it floats ... with all the other space junk out there. :)

It's good to know someone is enjoying all my ramblings (besides my good buddies -- and they know who they are!).
Anonymous said…
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Popular Posts