THE BLACK CAT CHASE

I did it!

I finished my first 5K run/walk.

Oh, did I mention I WALKED it? Yeah, this body ain't made for running. Nothing aerodynamic on me! Trust me ... I've got all the parts that will weigh you down and cause a lot of wind resistance.

But I finished.

I wasn't the head of the pack or anything. One of the teachers (we did this as a big school group ... about 50 of us or so ... lots of team spirit ... there were costumes involved) I work with is pregnant. She's due in January or February ... she was waaaaaaay ahead of me.

You can come to your own conclusions on that one, but I know for a fact that she doesn't suffer from asthma ...

At any rate, I finished ... and I think I'm hooked. I want to do another one really soon!

In the meantime, you will just have to wait until I find out what my final time is ... rest assured, I will post it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
GOod for you!! I know they are addictive ~ Shanny
Anonymous said…
I am proud of you.....haven't even attempted such a thing...walk. run or crawl for that matter. :)
~2-E
Megan said…
Sadly, I think Shanny may be right. I think I might be slightly addicted. :) I really do think I am going to do that one at Keeneland in December.

I'M INSANE!!!

Popular Posts