IT WAS A $500 MISTAKE

I got home today.

Drove a loooooong time on the road ... have saddle sores to prove it.

Opened up my mail to see that I'd bounced a check ...

The bank says I have no money in my checking account.

"WHAT!?" I squeak. "How can that be? I've got $600 in my account!"

So, I immediately do some investigation ... um ... yeah, I wrote a paycheck down in my check register wrong. Transposed one number, and that tiny little mistake gave me $500 extra. Why did I not see it?

Who knows!

I've got to run to the bank first thing and make sure I've not screwed up my account completely. I may be sleeping on the side of the road some where in a cardboard box!

Good grief!

I should never be allowed to handle money! Never!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ouch!!!
Megan said…
Yeah ... my dad keeps saying I need to marry a guy that can do this for me! :)
A Davis said…
Well, in the meantime, while you're waiting for that man who will do it all :), ben and I are doing a Dave Ramsey study called Financial Peace that is helping us get on a budget and deal with debt. He talks to single people too. :)

Popular Posts