RANTING AND RAVING

My principal keeps reminding us that we only have 39 days in this quarter -- actually, today we only 34, as we ran through 5 of them last week.


He's stressing me out ... not that I wasn't already.


What a week!


Not one I want to repeat ANY time soon!


I started our first week back with Early Bus Duty. If you aren't familiar, Early Bus Duty begins at 7:15 a.m., and you must stand there and watch to make sure those that come in on an early bus, consume a breakfast and generally stay out of trouble.


Early Bus Duty throws a wrench in your works, ESPECIALLY on the first week back from break.


It was a full moon last week.


I don't care what anyone says, a FULL MOON affects the way children think (they don't), the way they behave (they don't), and they way they generally move (they don't) through their lives.


As if that weren't enough, we had report cards to send home on Thursday, and my H drive decided to crash, taking EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM I'D SAVED with it!


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I had to RE-DO EVERY LAST ONE OF MY REPORT CARDS.


Oh, and did I mention a meeting I had to attend that seemed to last longer than it took God to create the Earth?


I logged a 10-hour day on Monday, pretty close to a 12-hour day on Tuesday, a 13-hour day on Wednesday, and an 11-hour day on Thursday.


I'm tired ... spent ... at a loss for how to regain my energy for this week ... and it's a HOLIDAY week.


Heaven help me! It's Halloween on Wednesday and all the insanity that will create. Then, I must deal with the sugar hangover on Thursday.


I love me job, really I do. I just thought maybe I could catch a teeny, weeny break before the insanity of the Christmas holidays begin ....


Guess not ...


No rest for the weary ...


No mental peace for the nearly dead ...

Comments

Popular Posts