MELLOW MUSHROOM





Asheville, NC, is very, very, very, granola-crunchy. No offense to any of my friends that are. I love you still! It's just that I've decided, after my concentrated stay in Asheville, that I am not.

Erin and I were put off by the number of people sporting dred-locks and no deodorant. I so appreciate the divergent thinkers of our world, but I worry about what lives in those masses of unwashed, untouched hair ... and no deod? Ick. I'm sorry, but ick.

So, on Tuesday night, we chose to dine at a funky pizza place called THE MELLOW MUSHROOM. It was great food, but I did come away with a few insights about the place as well as me as a person.

  1. I am not of the artsy-fartsy persuasion. I'm more the "go to an art gallery opening, sip wine and be snobby about the whole thing" sort of person. God love the artsy-fartsies out there, though! If it weren't for you, people like me wouldn't exist.


  2. I am IN LOVE WITH THE MAN OR WOMAN THAT CREATED deodorant. Really. I LOVE YOU!!!!


  3. I am in LOVE with hair salons! There is nothing like running your fingers through a silky, critter-free head of hair ... really!


  4. I do believe, if verbalized appropriately, I could have actually ordered, and received a real, honest-to-goodness 'shroom! Seriously! It was that kind of place. We asked our dred-locked server what her opinion was of the parmesan pretzels versus their other pretzel offering, and her response was a sort of dreamy, hazy, "dude, I'm not down with the garlic pretzels." I think she'd sampled some 'shrooms, if you know what I mean.

The photos above are of Erin and I trying to look mellow. Erin did a pretty good job, but I look an oddly "mellow" senior portrait. The blurry photo is of what I think my surroundings would have looked like should I have partaken of a 'shroom.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Even better than the person creating deodorant is the person who created razors.....Hairy and stinky women are just about gagging. ~2-E
Megan said…
Yeah, I saw that, too, and it wasn't pretty! I just prayed none of it fell into my pizza ... ick!
Anonymous said…
Hey Megan!
Darrick and I went to the Mellow Mushroom ALL THE TIME when he was in South Carolina going to school. I know what you mean about the "alternative" atmosphere, we were a little hesitant the first time we went, but the pizza was enough to win us over!! Oh man, I couldnt even tell you the name of the pizza because they all were so different, but all I know is they were GOOOOD!

Popular Posts