COOKING FOR AN ARMY

So, I made a pot of veggie chili that could feed an army!

And before you go and say it, no, I didn't go back to Panera and invite the boys in uniform back to the old swinging bachelorette pad.

I didn't mean to cook up a batch to feed that many. I guess I just conjured up the ghost of Martha Stewart or something ... which, when you think about it, really doesn't make any sense since Martha is still with us. So, I conjured up the spirit of some sort of cooking saint ... perhaps it was Cookie, the wild west cowboy horse wrangler cook that always rustled up grub on a cattle drive.

At any rate, my freezer looks like I'm "putting up stores for the winter," which, really, when you think about that one, is pretty silly considering "putting up stores" in Kentucky means, running frantically through Kroger grabbing at bread loaves and milk.

Whatever.

At last count, I had seven containers of chili, three containers of beef stew, and four containers of chicken stew all happily residing in my freezer. This means that, should I choose, I could have 14 days of dinners without lifting a finger other than to punch the defrost button my microwave.

I probably ought to space out the chili, though, as that could cause some jet propulsion that really isn't all that attractive when one is on the search for a date or two.

Still, I love this cooking in bulk thing. Why didn't I think about this before?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well I think I am in your frame of mind....I made goulosh last night and I could feed a small country. The only problem is I dont like this dinner frozen so I will be eating it for a few days......and days.....and days....LOL

~2-E

Popular Posts