RESOLVING RESOLUTIONS

I'm sitting here listening to the soundtrack of A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS (picked up at Starbucks for half-off, thank you very much), because, well, I'm an idiot. There's no other reason to explain this one ... what with Christmas being over with and me sitting here listening to a GREAT jazzy Christmas CD on this, the second day of 2008.

Yes, welcome 2008! Yesterday, I meant to properly welcome it to the blogosphere, but I ended up nursing a migraine all day, which meant me, prone on the sofa, praying for God to put me out of my misery ... that or make the Excedrin Migraine work faster.

I had so many things I wanted to write about too. Resolutiony-type things ...

Instead, I vaguely remember dreaming about myself and Mike Rowe, the host of Dirty Jobs. Mainly, the dream consisted of me rubbing my hands up and down his very muscular chest, which, when one dwells on that, isn't all that bad of a way to spend one's time in dreamland.

Okay, so if you wanted to analyze it, I think this dream had more to do with the fact that, before I became too sick to see straight, I tried to watch an all-day DIRTY JOBS marathon, and that at some point, Mike Rowe was shirtless, and let's face it, ladies, he's got a great chest! Yeah, I think there really isn't anything to analyze, but, it was a great way to spend a few hours ... insert big, cheesy grin here.

So, yeah, 2008. Big deal, right?

Yeah, I sort of think it is a big deal. I mean, I still have the rest of my life spread out in a giant sheet of blank paper in front of me. There's still so much I want to do. This past year, I allowed myself to once again be defined by my job. I can't do that anymore! This was made so much more clear to me over my Christmas vacation back home.

I spent a great majority of my time reading ... a perfect vacation in my mind's eye. It was absolutely delicious to sit and read and actually enjoy what I was reading! I want to do more of that this year. So, here it is ... my resolution for the Year 2008!

I want to live my best life and not be defined by my job. It is, after all, just a job. Okay, yes, an important job, but it's a job. I only get this one life.

I want to read more ... love more ... savor every movie ... laugh more and feel every single one of them ... fight less ... be a better friend, a better sister, a better daughter, a better woman ... flirt more and worry less ... save more, spend less ... travel more ... be more content ... remember the small moments ... worry less about the big milestones ...

So, there you have it. My resolution in the Year 2008. Will it be my best year yet? I hope so! Or I will at least have fun trying to make it so!

Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
Good resolution. I whole heartedly agree!!! Hope your new year is awesome...you deserve it!

Popular Posts