UNIFORMS, UNIFORMS, EVERYWHERE I LOOK, UNIFORMS!

My stomach growled OBNOXIOUSLY the entire length of the sermon today at church. And by obnoxiously, I mean you could hear it growling two rows back.

I ate breakfast for heaven's sake! I nursed my Starbucks the entire service for crying out loud (have I mention how in love I am with Starbucks????). It was so bad that, at one point, my friend turned to me and whispered, "you're not hungry, are you?"

Good grief!

As I was pulling out of the church's parking lot, I knew what I had to do. All the items in my pantry right now are items that must be cooked. It was going to take too long, and I knew if something wasn't put into the endless pit called my stomach, there would be devastating consequences. We live on a major fault line ... these growls were getting so loud, I feared something registering on the Rictor scale.

Panera was my choice ... it was close ... it would be relatively fast ...

I walked in and almost had a poor spell. Everywhere I looked there were uniforms ... Army uniforms.

If I didn't know better, I would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven ... man heaven ...

I didn't find the man of my dreams ... there wasn't time. But what fun scenery ...

This brings me to another mind wandering item ... something I've been mulling over the last few days.

I plan to date this year. There! I said it.

Here's the problem, and this is embarrassing to admit. I don't have the first clue where to go to meet men ... keeping in mind that bars just aren't that much fun for me ... icky! Can we all say MEAT MARKET? Can we all say BOOZY, WASTED MEAT MARKET?

It's okay. You can say it. I'm a lost cause. It's okay. Nothing I've not speculated about myself on numerous occasions.

Comments

Anonymous said…
YUM!! I love uniforms and Panera too! What a great Sunday.
~Shanny

Popular Posts