AN INVITATION

My friend Erin's husband, Joe, is an avid hunter. He's got dead crap all over the walls in their house. My dad pretty much thinks Joe rocks, and he wants to know when I might meet someone like Joe ... basically, because my dad wants to hang out with someone like that ... not get me married off or anything ...

Whatever ...

Last night, I was talking on the phone with Erin and channel surfing ... my entire evening's activities, by the way. I'm surprised I didn't suffer carpal tunnel-like symptoms from it. At any rate, I see that on the Outdoor Channel, two turkey hunters are hunting in Michigan. Despite what Erin thinks, what caught my attention was the fact that they were in Michigan.

"Tell Joe there are two guys luring a poor Tom into a death trap in the U.P. of Michigan ... it's on the Outdoor Channel."

"What are you doing watching the Outdoor Channel? You're an idiot!"

"They're in Michigan!"

"You're still an idiot."

"Oh! They're going to kill him! Don't kill him!"

It's at this point that Joe extends an invitation to join him the next time he goes turkey hunting. And because I don't have a filter on my mouth, I think I've accepted!

Only, I'm not not taking a shower that day ... do turkey's have noses??? I know my dad never took a shower when he went deer hunting ... something about them smelling him. Ummm ... I hate to tell him this, but WE CAN ALL SMELL HIM WHEN HE DOESN'T SHOWER!!!

Anyway, if I go, I'm showering, and I may be forced to bring a book, cuz I'm pretty sure I might get bored ... especially if Joe doesn't let me talk ...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Turkies can't smell but they sure as heck can see & hear !
Anonymous said…
LMAo you are too much Murray~Shanny

Popular Posts