DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT STUPID THING MY HUSBAND WANTED ME TO DO?

You know it's going to be a good story when a friend calls you, and immediately upon answering the phone, she says, "Do you want to know what stupid thing my husband wanted me to do?"

I love conversations that start out like that because it validates my single-hood in bright, shining, neon letters!

Erin started out just such a conversation with me earlier today.

It seems that whenever Joe, her husband, goes to the dentist, the staff always tells him that they wished his teeth could look like Erin's. This rankles Joe's feathers just a tad, and so this time, he asked them what they suggested he do.

Buy a Sonic toothbrush. It's the most like getting a cleaning from the dentist.

So, Erin, who was out being PRODUCTIVE GIRL today, was commissioned by her husband to purchase a Sonic toothbrush, the toothbrush that will apparently create miracles with one's teeth.

Mind you, Erin assures me that all she uses is a plain old toothbrush. However, Joe will not be dissuaded. So, a Sonic toothbrush it is.

"Do you know how much a rechargeable Sonic toothbrush is?" She screeches into the phone. "One hundred and fifteen dollars! For a toothbrush!"

"Why didn't you just buy him a Crest Spin Brush? That's what I use, and it gets my teeth super clean."

"Cuz I knew he'd fuss. So, I bought him the $30 battery-operated one, but that one still costs $20 for three batteries! Good grief! This thing better make his teeth look damn good!"

Comments

Popular Posts