IT'S BEEN WAY TOO LONG ... SO GET READY TO HEAR SOME OF MY GRIPES!

Carrie left me a voice mail today. It went something like this: "I've been checking your blog faithfully, because it's part of my daily routine, and you've not updated in quite a while. Get on that, please!"

Well, you've asked for it ... settle in and get ready to get an ear-full from me today!

First things first .... the reason why I've been so silent ... A couple of weeks ago, I found a lump in my neck, more specifically, in my thyroid region. I immediately thought cancer, and after freaking out about it for a while, I made a doctor's appointment. He suspects hypothyroidism, which would explain why I've been so dog-tired for like EVER, and why I've suddenly started gaining weight uncontrollably! I've got an ultrasound tomorrow to check and make sure that the lump is only an enlarged thyroid and nothing more.

The silence? Because I've been so dog-tired. I just can't seem to function, and because I know I've got time on my hands, I've been napping ... A LOT! This doesn't leave me a lot of time for things like, say, laundry and housecleaning and dinner preparations. Thus the reason I've been eating lots of cereal for dinner.

So, my very first gripe is this ... I got a call today from the hospital. They wanted to preregister me, which is quite alright because I hope this will allow me to just sail in, get my thyroid ultra-sounded (or whatever they do), and then zip back out again. So, the girl is going through a standard set of questions, and I'm answering them, not a problem. Then she says, "May I ask what religious affiliation you are?"

"Ummmm ... I'm just going for an ultrasound."

"Yes. What religious affiliation are you?"

"It's an ultrasound. I don't really think it's necessary to ask me to what religious affiliation I belong."

"Okay, well it says here that I don't have to put an answer down for that one."

Gripe #2 ... in aforementioned conversation, the girl says, "Well, ma'am, it looks here like you have a 20% co-pay for this, and that will total $101.94."

"OH GOOD GRIEF!" I squeak into the phone.

"However, we are offering a discount -- you'd only have to pay $84.83 -- if you pay at the door when you arrive tomorrow."

This begs the question, in order to offer a discount like that, one must wonder, is the hospital over-charging to begin with???

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMM ....

The third gripe ... my neighbor's kid. He's a polite young man, but he doesn't always use his head. For instance, standing on the threshold of your back door and tossing fire crackers out on your patio ... not your sun-shiniest moment, son.

Fourth gripe ... the clerk at Dollar Tree that kept telling me about all the cool teacher stuff coming into the store in the coming weeks, and then, after me telling her repeatedly that I COULD BUY NO MORE, she says to me with her sly little grin, "Hope to see you back here soon!" She knows a sucker when she sees one!

Gripe #5 ... South Frankfort is a disastrous mess .... streets are torn up and you can't get from here to there without an act of Congress or God. And the crew they've got working it ... I don't know where they pulled them from, but they are the worst road crew EVER!!! And I come from a state where roads are being torn up ALL. THE. TIME. I know road crews!!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
thanks megs now my day is full filled
Denise said…
Yes, my day too can get underway now. Hey, be sure to let us know how the test goes. Hope it's good news!
Anonymous said…
Thanks Meg, I've missed your blog.
What was wrong with the truck?

I hope the health test comes out good..let us know we ALL care!!!

NeeCee

Popular Posts