WE INTERRUPT THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM TO BRING YOU ANOTHER TRUCK CRISIS

Last Tuesday, when the Porter's arrived, I suggested a tour of Frankfort. We all piled into my little truck (which seems much smaller when you pile 5 people in it, I might add) and headed down town. Midway through the tour, I started hearing this high-pitched sound every time I turned my wheels. I just knew it was "not right," but I didn't drive my truck the rest of the time the Porter's were here (including Sam ... gotta get his name into the blog where and when I can!), and, quite frankly, I forgot about it.

Fast forward to yesterday, when I drove over to Lexington to get birthday gifts for my sister and my dad. Never heard the noise the whole time I was bulleting down the highway at 70 miles an hour, mind you! Nope, it wasn't until I'd pulled into the parking lot that I started hearing the noise again, and this time it seemed my steering wheel was grinding. Insert GIGANTIC RED FLAG HERE!

I immediately called my auto mechanic, who got me an appointment for this morning, but who also suggested that I stop somewhere and look to see how much fluid I had left. Good thing he suggested that because there was barely any left! I was an inch away from seizing up my power steering and causing all sorts of dollar signs to start racking up!

The girl at the Richmond Road Auto Zone is my new hero. She poured what she could in the little tank thingy and sent me on my way. Amazing what a bit of power steering fluid can do! My steering wheel worked so much better!

I'm now in my classroom, getting ready to work on some things and awaiting a call from my mechanic to hear what the grand total of this latest repair. Thank goodness for the emergency fund in my bank account, that's all I'm going to say!

Seven year old truck + wear and tear = blown hoses and more maintenance costs

Comments

Popular Posts