IT ALL STARTED WITH TWO LITTLE OLE BEACH TOWELS

I've been reading Debbie Diller's SPACES AND PLACES this summer, and she suggests creating a defined whole group space with area rugs.

I don't like area rugs in the classroom.

They get disgusting almost immediately, and then you can't wash them.

I trip on them throughout the day, increasing my chances of breaking my neck.

They just don't hold up to the rough and tumble 4th grade set.

Then I had a HUGE brain explosion in the middle of Big Lots ... CLEAN UP IN AISLE 4, PLEASE! They had large beach towels on sale, and I thought, "hey, these would be perfect for an area rug. When they get grubby, I can take them home and wash them. Perfect!"

I was so excited that I immediately called Erin and Carrie. It was Carrie's turn to have the HUGE brain explosion. "You know," she says. "You always have a theme in your room. Why not this year have a beach theme?"

Fast forward to today ... my room looks like a Luau puked all over my room and outside of my door.

I left my camera at home, but will try to get photos taken this weekend to post. The good news is that, other than a few stray items here and there that I will be finding homes for as soon as I post this, my room is DONE! D.O.N.E.

YAY for me!

Comments

Denise said…
Great idea...I can't wait for pictures!
Denise said…
Oh yeah, congrats on being done too!!!
Elly Gilbert said…
Will there be pina coladas?
Megan said…
Elly --- if only! That might make the first day bright and sun-shiny, right? :)

Popular Posts