NED THE NODULE

I've decided to name the thing currently taking up residence on my thyroid.

Ned the Nodule.

I mean, why not? Right?

Today, Ned and I were to be getting a biopsy to see just how nasty he really is. But Ned really didn't want to cooperate. He kept moving around whenever the doctor was pressing and nudging him, and seeing as he is very near my artery ... a major artery that feeds my brain and stuff ... my doctor decided it would be better if I had the needle biopsy done at the hospital with finer-tuned instruments than what he had in his office.

So, Ned and I will be heading to the hospital to be poked and prodded once more. And considering I won't be able to eat or drink anything after midnight prior to the needle biopsy, I'm not sure about Ned, but I will be SERIOUSLY crabby without my coffee.

Stand back, folks. That's all I've got to say!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
The biopsy technician must use high resolution ultrasound, possible transverse view, and stand on the opposite side of the nodule[if your nodule is on the left, he must stay on to the right of the patient].
Nodule with increased blood flow has 22 % of being cancerous; if no blood flow inside is noted, and sample indicates watery colloid, macrophages, and no mirofollicular sheets or clusters it is benign hyperplastic nodule.
Best of luck, dear Professor!!
Denise said…
Sounds like a trip to Starbucks is well deserved afterward! Good luck!
Megan said…
Yay to Starbucks, Denise!! Wish you were here to have one with me. :)

My physician is guessing it's benign ... thanks for all the technical info O., whoever you are, but not really necessary. :) Unless of course, you were trying to stress me out again. :)
Denise said…
Glad to hear the dr has a good feeling about it! And you know I would've hit the Starbucks with ya!

Popular Posts