IT CAME AND BIT ME IN THE BUTT!

Okay, yes, I knew it would happen. I knew the minute I got my gloat on, it would come back to haunt me. Here I am ... sitting in my office/guest bedroom, watching snow come down ... I HATE YOU, WINTER!!!

We are suppose to get a substantial 6 to 10 inches by tomorrow evening. I guess that was the impetus for sending us all home from school at 1:00 p.m. today. Not that I'm complaining. I have loads of stuff to do here at my house ... top of the list would be taxes and cleaning. I lead an exciting life, no?

I decided to go to Kroger because I legitimately needed some things ... tooth paste. Can't NOT have tooth paste. That's just one of those items that one can't live without. Well, I suppose you could, but yuck!

Kroger was packed, of course! Panic has hit the streets of Frankfort. Apparently, many do not realize that this white stuff, by it's very nature, melts. Anyway, I was cruising by the milk department, and you know what I saw? Well, it wasn't milk! THEY WERE SOLD OUT!!! That didn't bode well in my search for bread, which, again, I legitimately needed. Good news there, though. While it was picked over, there were still loaves left. I doubt there will be tonight at, say, 6:00 p.m., though.

I saw my friends Gala and Ellie there. They were a little put off, I think, by my lackadaisical attitude toward the substantial snow. As Gala reminded me, "You are used to this stuff. We've not had a substantial snow fall for probably ten years."

In Michigan, we don't start getting excited until they start uttering "a foot," and then it's a mad rush to make sure your snow-blower works and has fuel and making sure you're stocked up on salt. I don't think milk or bread has ever factored into the snow equation up there ... unless, of course, you live in the UP, in which case, it could be middle of May before you get to the store again!

I think it was 2000 when we had a blizzard over the New Year. The only thought I had running through my head was, "I'M SOOOOO SICK OF SHOVELING THIS #*(@# WHITE STUFF." It was at that timely point that my shovel broke, and, the next day, when the roads were clear, my dad had to take me out to the hardware so I could purchase another one. Good times!

Actually, I'm glad it's snowing, and I've had to drive in it. It keeps me sharp. I fear that the longer I live down here, the softer I will become when it comes to driving in the slop. I don't want to ever lose my Michigan snow driving ability and render myself a winter weenie. That would be unfortunate and would put me in a position of being mocked by all my Michigan family and friends.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Serves you right!

Mom

Popular Posts