VIEW FROM MY WINDOW ON A SATURDAY MORNING

The news -- yes, they are doing SPECIAL snow coverage all morning -- just said that the east side of Frankfort has 5 1/2 inches .... and this is newsworthy. Just in case you are on the fence about this, in Michigan, 5 1/2 inches is NOT newsworthy. However, in Central Kentucky, where they shut down schools for half an inch, this is indeed newsworthy.


I've not been out in it yet, because it was about 7:40 a.m., when I took these photos. However, I plan to go out and "brush" it off my walk. I'm brushing the snow off with a broom because in a shrewd and somewhat idiotic move, when I was packing all my crap up in Michigan, I said to my mom, "Why don't you just take my shovel. I doubt I will ever need it." Oops! Okay, yes, it's been two years, and I'm just finally in need of one, but still. What was I thinking?


Here's what I want to know? WHERE THE HECK IS SPRING!?!?!??!?!


This is a view out of my living room window, which looks out to the "backyard."




I am standing in my living room with my back door open. This is the snow that has drifted up to the door. Pretty cool, right?





If you look very carefully, you will see my neighbors across the street (their dog is there, too, but he's white and, therefore, camoflauged). You can't tell it, but she's digging out the snow with a garden spade. This made me laugh until I remembered, "Oh yeah! I'm the idiot that will be brushing the snow off with a broom!"


Comments

Popular Posts