RANDOM ... RANDUMB ...

My life has felt like a random stream of consciousness ... strike that. I think it has really been a random steam of unconsciousness! Everything that finds it's way on this entry will be extremely random. That's just how it's going to have to be.


**We are all looking for picture-perfect. It's amazing the lengths this society is willing to go in order to achieve PICTURE PERFECT. Folks are willing to go into serious debt for it. They are willing to starve to death for it. They are willing to go under the knife for some sort of warped version of perfect. Rarely does it ever look perfect, though. Women are even willing to put themselves in degrading, self-deprecating position to try to grasp at perfection, with regards to a relationship ... because perfection means you've nabbed a Ken doll guy to your Barbie.

Recently, I found out about a marriage that is over. I've hesitated writing about it, because I know that folks will ask, "Oh my gosh! Do I know them?" And really, who they are, isn't important. This particular marriage was one I'd been only peripherally aware of, but from my very distant vantage point, I had a pretty rose-colored image of it all ... my thoughts? They seem picture-perfect. This is the third time I've been caught in the Barbie-Ken vortex. Beautiful people owning beautiful people things and living the seemingly beautiful people lives. Plastic people living plastic lives.

Life is messy and very rarely perfect. I'm beginning to appreciate the dysfunction of all those messy relationships I see. At least you know those people are real. No plastic involved there.

I'm most ashamed at my inner reaction to the news. Rather than feeling broken-hearted for the individuals involved, I very haughtily thought, "Well, not so perfect, are we?"

**On to lighter topics ...I think I could be in trouble. Without really paying attention, I bought waterproof mascara the other day. I've not worn waterproof mascara since the first Bush was in office ... or maybe it was Reagan ...

I'd forgotten how hard it is to get the stuff off. Nothing has touched! Not my special facial cleanser ... not my body soap ... not Vaseline ... not even sheer will power. NOTHING! I can see why one's lashes might be more voluminous using this particular product. The build-up alone will have my lashes approximately HALF the size of my head!

Comments

Popular Posts