PLEASE DON'T ASK

Because I've already fielded a few questions about my post last night, I feel like I need to post the following request today.

Please, please, please ... don't ask me who the couples are that I am talking about. If you are more concerned with who they are, you are, I feel, missing the whole point of my post. Rather, it's turning my post into a thing of gossip, which was not my point at all.

THE POINT??? What's the point?

Well, my point was, and still is, that a picture is worth a thousand words, but a picture very rarely tells the whole truth.

Comments

Anonymous said…
From the viewpoint of a divorced reader, I think you should keep the couple's identity a secret for your own benefit. Those you know, undoubtly going through heartbreak, would not think too highly of being judged as "plastic people." That statement was harsh, especially if you happen to be close to that couple at all. Your point was lost in your criticism.
Anonymous said…
I think the statement was more about what we preceive as "perfect people" and the "perfect picture" and that we perceive them to have the perfect life when in reality it isn't as perfect as we thought.
Elly Gilbert said…
I got your point. I'm sure no one *wants* to be thought of as plastic, but some people put out that vibe. Everything about them screams, "Look at me, I have the perfect house, the perfect kids, the perfect job, the perfect car, the perfect husband." And it doesn't always turn out to be so rosy.

I don't think your post was about divorce or criticizing anyone who is struggling...I think it was just a statement on how what we see doesn't always reflect what is really happening.

Popular Posts